Earn by Delivering Parcels
Introducing DiDi Delivery
DiDi Delivery is an on-demand delivery service allowing Australians to send and receive parcels – all delivered by DiDi drivers. There are two ways to receive deliveries – In-store or Personal.
Pickup and drop-off
How it Works
Getting Delivery Requests
Tap to Go Online to start receiving Delivery requests. Don’t worry, you will still get rideshare (i.e. Express) trip requests as well. All Delivery requests are identifiable by the Delivery badge.
After accepting a Delivery request, meet the customer at their doorstep or in-store kiosk to pick up the item(s). Be sure to check your app as you may receive additional instructions.
For In-store pickups please ensure you:
- Park in designated spots or in compliance with road legislation;
- Remove your face mask for verification while in the store;
- Follow store member’s direction in an emergency.
Drop off the items to the recipient at the given address.
For Age Restricted Goods from In-store customers, you’ll be asked to:
1. Ask the recipient for ID upon delivery and verify that they are over 18.
2. Tap confirm in the app to mark the delivery order as complete
3. What if the recipient was underage or had no ID? See the “In-store returns for age-restricted items” process below.
*If you are unable to contact the recipient after waiting 3 minutes at the drop-off location, contact the customer and ask them if they would like to leave the parcel at the drop-off location or return the parcel to the customer.
DiDi Delivery payments are processed through your DiDi Driver-app at the end of a trip, just like with rideshare.
Level Up on DiDi Advance
DiDi Delivery trips will count towards DiDi Advance – giving you another way to progress through DiDi Advance levels.
Undelivered in-store age-restricted items
What to do next
You will be required to return undelivered in-store items when you are unable to verify the recipient’s age on age-restricted items with a valid ID.
Load all items for return
The full delivery order must be loaded into your car for return, including the recipient’s non-age restricted item(s).
For example: Jane ordered cigarettes and doughnuts. However, upon delivery of the items Jane was unable to show a valid ID. You will then need to return both the cigarettes and doughnuts to the store.
Contact store and complete trip
Tap on the age verification banner to ‘Contact Store’ and start returns process with the store. Then, tap ‘Complete trip’ to finish the trip to receive payment.
Get SMS instructions
You’ll receive an SMS to the mobile number connected to your DiDi account to give you further instructions on your undelivered item(s).
Payment for the return trip
In the instance where you receive instructions to return the item(s) to store, simply follow SMS prompts for directions. You will be paid for the return trip and will receive payment in your next weekly payment cycle.
Undelivered in-store items
What to do next
You may be required to return undelivered items when the customer is unavailable at the dropoff location.
Tap the ≡ icon to notify of undelivered item(s)
Locate the phone icon above ‘Customer Support’ to contact the store for instructions.
To continue, complete the trip in app
To proceed with your return tap ‘Complete trip’.
*In case you are required to return to the store for any reason (failed age verification, customer not available, etc.) you will be paid for the return trip by the end of the week.
- Hand hygiene. Always wash hands before and after a trip.
- Confirm the customer. Always confirm the customer and recipient’s identity by asking for their first name.
Food Delivery Guidelines
DiDi Delivery recommends you comply with the applicable Food Standards Code set out by Food Safety Standards Australia.
- Use temperature controlled storage bags.
- Keep your vehicle and temperature controlled bags in clean and good condition.
- Take the quickest route from pick up to delivery.
- Deliver all food within 30 minutes of pick up.
- For delivery of perishable foods (such as fish, fruit, milk and seafood), keep them cool during transport. Where possible, avoid placing food in direct sunlight. Hot foods (such as takeaway food and certain grocery items) must be kept hot.
- Don’t touch food and beverages and ask the seller to pack the items appropriately.
- Maintain an appropriate distance if you are delivering food by placing the delivery as advised by the recipient of the delivery (for example, on the ground by the door).
- Do not leave food unattended at the time of delivery unless arrangements have been made with the recipient
- A DiDi Delivery should be a positive experience for everyone. Be fair, transparent and respectful with every Delivery.
- If you are unable to contact the recipient after waiting 3 minutes at the drop-off location, contact the customer and ask them if they would like to leave the parcel at the drop-off location or return the parcel to the customer.
Delivery Restrictions for Personal Item(s)
DiDi Delivery suggests the following limits for delivery:
- Maximum number of items 6 (bags / boxes)
- Maximum weight limit of 20kg per item
- Maximum item volume: 60 x 60 x 60 cm
Delivery drivers may cancel a request if they have difficulty lifting any items, delivery exceeds size guidelines or are asked to pick up prohibited goods. When accepting a Delivery request, we recommend calling the customer to confirm the type of items (contents, weight, size) being delivered.
You should not complete Delivery requests that involve or relate to any of the following:
- Any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, hazardous, or harmful items or activities, including those relating to weapons and drugs.
- Any misleading, deceptive, unethical or immoral activities;
- Any items or activities contrary to DiDi Australia’s values; or
- Any items or activity that in DiDi Australia’s opinion may cause reputational damage or harm to DiDi Australia.
For a detailed list of prohibited items refer to this link.
Is the list of prohibited items an exhaustive list?
The list of prohibited items is a non-exhaustive list of the types of things that cannot be delivered via DiDi Delivery. You should also exercise your own reasonable judgment as to what is acceptable.
Can I inspect the items before loading it into my vehicle?
You should inspect (but not open) any parcels you collect to make sure they are not damaged. If they are, before you accept them discuss this with the customer.
What if I feel uncomfortable with handling an item?
If you have any apprehensions or are uncomfortable with handling any items that are not on the prohibited items list, you can contact the customer directly to discuss further.
If you are still apprehensive or uncomfortable, you can inform the sender and cancel the order.
Is my Delivery trip covered by insurance?
It is your responsibility to have proper coverage for your delivery trips. Please check with your insurance provider.
Am I eligible for DiDi Delivery?
We plan to extend this service throughout the country. The initial trial of DiDi Delivery is limited to selected opt-in Driver-partners.
How do I notify the customer that I have arrived?
Communication with senders (riders) for Delivery is the same as Express, simply message or call through the DiDi app.
What type of items can I expect to deliver?
DiDi Delivery is for parcel delivery only and not passenger services. Please select DiDi Express for ridesharing services.
How do I know I am picking up a Delivery?
Requests that come through your app will show you if the request is Delivery or Express.
What happens if I cannot locate the recipient and the sender is uncontactable?
Leave the parcel in a safe place near the drop-off location and message the sender using DiDi’s in-app chat with the details of where you have placed the parcel.
What happens if I cannot locate the recipient?
If you are unable to contact the recipient after waiting 3 minutes at the drop-off location, contact the sender (rider) and ask them if they would like to leave the parcel at the drop-off location or return the parcel to the sender by adding the pickup location as a second stop in their DiDi app. If there is a second stop, the app will recalculate the delivery fee.
Can I stop receiving Delivery requests?
Yes, to stop DiDi Delivery requests temporarily, turn off the option through “Trip Settings” anytime in the DiDi-Driver app.
Can I inspect the package?
If you need to inspect the package (eg it is fragile or you think it might be prohibited goods), please ask the sender to show you the contents. If you don’t feel comfortable, don’t accept the package and instead cancel the trip.
DiDi supports Pride internationally and is proud...
This November, DiDi is partnering with Good Food...
Not Your Average Pro-“MO”! DiDi is proud to be...